A light refreshing salad, combining the sweetness of 3 fruits, the crunch and contrast of walnuts and the refreshment of zucchini.
This recipe is quick and easy to make and is easy to make it look fancy, with just a few twirls of the zucchini and is sure to be a hit on a hot Summer’s day.
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 red apple
- 1/4 rockmelon
- 1 pomegranate
- 50g walnuts
- Thinly slice the zucchini lengthways on a mandolin
- Core and cut the apple into thin wedges
- Cut the rockmelon into slices about the size of large potato wedges
- Deseed the pomegranate
- Add half the seeds to a blender and blend to make the juice
- Crumble the walnuts into a bowl
- Arrange the top 3 ingredients onto a shallow plate or bowl
- Sprinkle the remaining pomegranate seeds over the top and lightly dress with the pomegranate juice
- Sprinkle with crumbled walnuts