This is very tasty and simple to make.
The good thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to squeeze the juice from your zucchini to use it, making it quicker and easier to prepare.
This is also gluten free, so is suitable for those suffering celiacs disease or who are gluten intolerant.
These are very adaptable, with the taste making them suitable to accompany pastas, curries, stews and pizza bases.
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 100 ml water
- Oil for frying
- Make chia egg, by adding 2 tbsp of chia seeds and mix in 6 tbsp of water – set aside for 10 minutes
- Dice onion to desired size and add to bowl
- Grate zucchini into the bowl
- Add chia egg mix, salt, pepper, chilli, baking powder and flours
- Mix by hand and knead
- Shape and rest in bowl covered for 1 hour
- Separate into 6 pieces and roll into balls
- Flour a flat surface and roll into flat to about 4-5mm thick
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to a cast iron pan and fry on medium to high heat until golden – flip as required
- Stack cooked flatbread on a plate a serve with your favourite dish